Same Day Service
Our Same Day Service provides a full clinical service .
Our aim is to provide care to patients who have a medical problem which needs to be dealt with on the same day.
The service is provided by our team of highly qualified and experienced specialist Nurse Practitioners , supported by one of own GPs. You can get a prescription if one is required
Our receptionists have been trained to ask you some questions to enable you to be booked into the most appropriate clinic.
Here are some brief facts about our Practice
- We have a patient list size of approximately 13,000
- We receive, on average, about 500 telephone calls a day! Please be aware that for training and quality your call may be recorded.
- We provide an average of 350 clinical appointments daily.
- We encourage patients to book appointments in advance.
- We provide a 24 hour / 7 days a week automated prescription request service, either by telephone: 01736 792177 or via the link on this web site.
- We provide a Minor Injury Service, Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm (including Bank holidays and weekends during the summer months).
- We encourage patients to call for their test result after 2pm in the afternoon.
Our Practice Care Team consists of General Practitioners, Practice Nurses, Health Care Assistants, and also District Nurses, Community Midwives, Health Visitors, Counsellors, Podiatrists, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists and Pharmacists.
When you consult your doctor they might either treat you or they may enlist the help of one or more of these other professionals. If they think you need an investigation which cannot be carried out in the surgery they will either refer you directly to the appropriate hospital department, e.g. X-Ray, or to a hospital consultant who will decide which investigations and treatment you need.
Within the surgery there are practice nurses, receptionists, secretaries, phlebotomists and other attached care staff including most of those listed above. Here at the Stennack we are fortunate to have access to a variety of these services within the same building, so if you are referred to any of these clinics you will not have to travel further a field. In the surrounding district you will find Dentists (we recommend you register with one), Osteopathy and Chiropractic practitioners and other Complementary Health practitioners.