Many queries and problems can be dealt with over the telephone. If you wish to speak with a Nurse, Pharmacist or GP over the telephone please ask the reception team to book a telephone consultation. Please note, this may not necessarily take place on the same day (dependant on the urgency of the request).
Tips to get the best out of telephone first consultations
- To maintain continuity with your doctor, know what day they work and call up on those days. See the staff page of this website for Doctors usual working days.
- Download the "whereby" app. We are using this app to do video consultations using your smart phone. Video consultation has been shown to be as effective as face to face consultation.
- Monday is our busiest day, we are quieter later in the week, please consider this if your problem is not urgent.
- If your hearing is not great it is ok for someone else to talk for you on the phone.
- As with all consultations, think about what you would like from the consultation and be clear about telling us what that is.