Patient Registration

If you living within our practice boundary for more than 3 months you will need to register with the Stennack Surgery as a permanent patient (another GP surgery may also cover your address if you live outside of St Ives). Please come into reception with proof of your address and ask to register.  You will need to complete a registration form and a health questionnaire. Once registered your medical records will be sent to us by Primary Care Support England (PCSE).

Practice Boundary

Anyone living within the practice boundary is welcome to register with us. Our current practice boundary can be found below. You can register with the Stennack Surgery if you live within the red line

Practice Boundary.pdf

Out of Area Scheme (Living Outside the Practice Boundary)

If you live outside of the practice boundary it is in your best interests to register at a GP surgery closer to your address in case you require a home visit at any point.  If you live outside of the boundary you can apply under the ‘Out of Area Registration Scheme’. This is only granted in exceptional circumstances, subject to approval by a GP partner.

Under this scheme you would NOT be eligible for any home visits from the Stennack Surgery and would need to ring 111 if a home visit was ever required.  This scheme is NOT designed for patients with long-term conditions or those who need to access NHS services frequently. 

If you think the ‘Out of Area Registration Scheme’ would be appropriate for you then please contact a member of the Reception team for an application form.  This form will be reviewed by one of the GP Partners and a decision will be made based on clinical appropriateness.  The Stennack Surgery reserves the right to refuse applications and their decision is final.  If an application is refused you will need to register at a GP surgery closer to your address.

Temporary Residents

If you are staying within our practice boundary on a temporary basis (less than 3 months) and need to seek medical assistance please contact the surgery to discuss a temporary registration.

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website