Live Well in 2022
As we emerge from the COVID pandemic, the NHS in Cornwall is looking to improve the health of our county, with a particular focus on weight management & increasing exercise levels during 2022.
Increased resources are being put into weight management by NHS Cornwall and the following help & support is now available within our area:
- FREE NHS Online Digital Weight Loss Programme for adults living with obesity who also have a diagnosis of diabetes, hypertension or both; The NHS Digital Weight Management Programme
- FREE NHS Healthier You- for adults at risk of developing Type 2 Diabetes; NHS Healthier You
- FREE Walking, Football & Swimming Groups via Healthy Cornwall; Healthy Weight Support - Healthy Cornwall
- FREE NHS Weight Loss App – Download for Free on your smart phone or tablet
These FREE resources are available to patients where their latest BMI is 30 or more (or for BAME patients 27.5 or more) to help reduce your BMI and live better in 2022. If your BMI is less than 30 and you are interested in getting involved you may still be eligible for support - please also follow the steps below and we'll get in touch to see how we can help
What do I do next?
To take advantage of the FREE Weight Management Programmes above please get in contact now and we will call you back to talk through which options are best suited to you:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the Email Subject ‘Live Well’ and include your Name, Date of Birth and Contact Number
- Ring 01736 793 333 and press Option 4 for Weight Management.
Regularly monitoring your weight, setting realistic goals, and involving your friends and family with your attempts to lose weight can also help. Remember that even losing what seems like a small amount of weight, such as 3% or more of your original body weight, and maintaining this for life, can significantly reduce your risk of developing weight-related complications like diabetes and heart disease
We are here to help and look forward to hearing from you soon
Meetings, Online or a little bit of both. We’ve got options and support, whatever your lifestyle.
You’ll find delicious recipe and menu ideas at your local group, along with all the help you need to get started and reach your target weight.